This page is dedicated to people that I meet on the road and websites about bicycle touring.
My previous trips
Friends from the road
- Lelo Munis (Elvis) is cycling around the world and we met just before I left Sweden. He’s also cycling through Africa on his way home to Tanzania. I hope I will catch him at some point!
- Marie & Mathieu, a French couple who are walking (!) from Morocco to Madagascar.
- Carlos Zapatera, Spain. We cycled from Dakhla to Dakar together.
- Enrico Margiotta, Argentina. We cycled together in Mauretania and Senegal. Enrico is on his way to Cape Town just like me.
Other Africa blogs
- The Big Africa Cycle by Peter Gostelow. A big inspiration for my trip!
- FreeWheely by Jean-Baptiste. A very detailed blog.
General bicycle touring
- The story about Heinz Stücke. This man is a legend and has cycled more than 600,000 km’s in 50 years.
- Polish long-distance cyclist Kazimierz Nowak cycled through Africa in the 1930s
- Collection of Africa maps from Texas University. Although very old, some of the military maps are extremely detailed